"Autoimmune conditions arise when the body’s immune system mistakenly attacks its own tissues. In type 1 diabetes, the body wages an all-out war on the insulin-making cells in the pancreas. When researchers analyzed medical records for 25,759 people with type 1 diabetes, they found that about 1 in 4 had a second autoimmune disorder. The most common of these were thyroid problems and celiac disease, in which people can’t tolerate gluten, a protein found in wheat and some other grains. The risk increased with age: Nearly half of those older than 65 had one or more autoimmune conditions. Adults with type 1 should be assessed for other autoimmune conditions at diagnosis and if symptoms develop, according to the American Diabetes Association."
Source: The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, published online Sept. 27, 2016
Through our our established, trusted and successful New York based operation Pirch for a Cure (PFAC), develops relationships with families struggling to deal with Juvenile Diabetes We support families in addressing Juvenile Diabetes and to help them obtain successful control, mastery and, where possible, the complete elimination of the disease from both the individuals we serve and the healthcare systems where we are able to operate. In the U.S. the healthcare system has become inefficient and economically unsustainable.
Pitch for a Cure is focused on the support of families in the management of diabetes during the stages of adolescence in transition to effective and independent mastery of Diabetes management. Further, PFAC serves as in which has become inefficient in proactive and long-term cost avoidance of their lives.
Through industry first TeleHealth, prescribed, regimen compliance and monitoring management technologies
What We've Achieved
- Developed & Funded Baseball Camp for Juvenile Diabetic's and developed a network of athletes and other role-models and advocates to work on behalf of the community.
- Developed Program of Recognition and Semi-Annual fundraising event with our community.
- Developed nationwide network of care providers and specialists.
- Developed partnership with Parallax Health Sciences and a large healthcare infrastructure targeted at solving TeleHealth, behavioral, pharmaceudical and logistics issues
- Cloud technology has made our ability to help others on a scale previously thought unattainable.
- Active assestment and market bench marketing has been completed.
- Developed a sustainability analysis and invoked process of budetary controls and management
- Developed a partnership with Web Access, LLC for funding and marketing
- Developed reporting and measurement of mission fufillment and measures of successful and failed execution have been established based on institutional expectations and rationalized business plan.